Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on optimising VRAY GPU

Hi guys.

I've decided to go down the GPU route until I upgrade my PC to a Threadripper CPU - My 1080ti does a great job whilst my 4790k is lagging behind.

On Tuesday evening I started shading a Porsche 911 GT2 RS model from scratch with FStorm and was blown away by the responsiveness and speed in which the IPR worked. However, there are many missing features such as tri-planar map support, extensive blend material options and a few other things.

Last night, I started the same process again using Vray GPU and the process took me almost twice as long. I used default settings but later changed the update speed to 100 but made it feel a bit more responsive but the constant "building ray casting accelerator" really interrupted the workflow, having to wait much longer to see feedback.

Is there any settings I can change that will give me a similar feedback speed to Fstorm?
    CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

This doesn't sound right. V-Ray GPU should be much faster - both in update and render speed.

We need more information to know what is going on. Best to send scene to peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com with scene and link to this thread
    In the meantime, try set "Settings -> "Default geometry type" to Dynamic to see if it helps

Best,
    Blago.
    Attached Files
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
      This doesn't sound right. V-Ray GPU should be much faster - both in update and render speed.

We need more information to know what is going on. Best to send scene to peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com with scene and link to this thread
      In the meantime, try set "Settings -> "Default geometry type" to Dynamic to see if it helps

Best,
      Blago.
      Thanks Blago. I'll send the file later today as I forgot to do it last night. I made a short video on comparing the two with the same scene. Not sure what's going on with the Fstorm HDRI interpretation, the colour feels way off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tQ9pxSEZI
      CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Also try with the defaults for Perf. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPd...w?usp=drivesdk
        It will have much faster feedback.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

Working...
        X