Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next CPU & GPU (CUDA) Rendering using Swarm

Hello,

First time poster here. We recently built a render farm to help speed up our architectural renderings and improve the overall quality. You can view our render farm specs below. We have always been using the CPU setting in V-Ray and Swarm has been great to utilize all of our available nodes. We are looking to try out the GPU side of rendering but am having more questions than answers at the moment.

When I try and use the CUDA setting, I enable the available GPUs on my station and the CPU but when I render, Swarm only utilizes the machines on the network that have more than one GPU (or any GPU that is not the integrated GPU) and does not use the CPU of the other machines. I have attached a screenshot that shows only two of the Swarm enabled nodes rendering with GPU and only my current station providing any CPU rendering. It appears to be that only the station from which the rendering was initiated from uses CPU to render and the other nodes will only apply GPU to the rendering.

I guess I am trying to find out how to utilize all GPUs and all CPUs across our render farm at the same time.

Any help is appreciated. If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!

Software:
    Windows 10 Home
    Sketchup 2020
    V-Ray for Sketchup
    V-Ray Next

Hardware:
    Render Farm Specs: [RF-NODE-101 through 108]
    8 Nodes all with the following:
    - Motherboard - Gigabyte AORUS z390
    - CPU - Intel i9-9900k
    - GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER (right now, only one node has this graphics card as the others are being shipped)
    - RAM - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB

Hi,

Please see the following forum thread for more information regarding your question: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...work-rendering

Comment

Hello Slavcho,

Thank you for pointing me into the direction of more information. I appreciate it.

I have since read the other forum and followed the outline but still have some questions. My nodes in the render farm, right now, only have integrated graphics, not external graphics cards. While I was able to enable both CPU and GPU on each node, when I render in CUDA, I am not using CPU and GPU on all my nodes. Does integrated graphics not support CUDA? Or what else am I missing?

Comment

Working...
      X