Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 5.1 - some feedback

Hi everyone,

I bought few months ago, one month subscription to test out vray 5 for gpu.
    Unfortunately I didn't have a great experience, I had a laggy viewport, crashing renders etc etc....and even with the supports suggestions and tips I haven't been able to fix those problem.
    Because I own Phoenix FD, vray is always on my mind, but right now paying for a month just to tst it out it's not worth it.

Does anyone had my same problems....and seeing improvements with the latest release?
    not looking for flames, just want to figure out if could be a good option now.

Thanks in advance
    Lorenzo

ok, I managed to get the trial.
    Problem I had with the previous version, seems are not in this one anymore.
    RT responds good, not laggy as previously.

Just one things looks weird.
    it seems that in the RT right now the cpu cleans up fastes than the gpu: I'm on 3x 2080ti and i9 10940x(14 ores)
    something weird also happended:
    having the RT with gpu quite slow cleaning up and staying very noisy, I tryied cpu and than back to gpu again.
    I don't know what happened but for 5 minutes the rt gpu was super fast, was cleaning everyithing super easily.....after those 5 minutes it became slow as before.

I know, not much of information....but I didn't touch anything when happened...

Comment

GPU IPR is using Bf +BF by default which is much slower than BF +LC, especially with interiors.
      try enabling the WIP GPU light cache option (sorry I don't know the exact name), it speeds things up.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
      Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
        GPU IPR is using Bf +BF by default which is much slower than BF +LC, especially with interiors.
        try enabling the WIP GPU light cache option (sorry I don't know the exact name), it speeds things up.
        hey,
        yes, I noted that when I was using the version 5, and to match rt to final render I had to put BF to 100 bounces.
        I tried to activate LC with GPU but nothing change.
        result is the same as it is off, or if I put BF, same as the final renders, couldn't see any difference in speed and looking unfortunately

Comment

still doing some test, now I can see the difference from "gpu LC" and not in IPR.
          there are differences even in final renders though, so.....for IPR should be ON, but for final render? which one is the "correct way"?

Comment

Working...
          X