V-RAY GPU RTX SampleRate render element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-RAY GPU RTX SampleRate render element

I remember someone from Chaos said once that SampleRate pass in GPU does not display correct information. Is it still a case in V-Ray 5?
    Scene rendered in RTX mode
    max subdivs 80
    treshold 0.010

The sample rate pass below looks very wrong to me, I assume the CPU one would be much much cleaner.
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

I have the same problem and the same question, whats going on with the sample rate, the noise lĂ­mit and the max subdivids, it's very diferent from cpu, in vray gpu You have to use a Lot more samples to get a clean result specially in heavy scenes

Comment

The sample rate element should be working correctly with V-Ray GPU, at least in the current V-Ray versions. Red means that the samples limit (max subdivs) was hit before the noise threshold.

V-Ray GPU generally requires more samples compared to CPU so a higher samples limit may be needed for a given noise threshold. The noise threshold itself should be comparable between CPU and GPU though.
      Radoslav Platikanov | V-Ray R&D

Comment

Thanks radoslav.platikanov So I assume I should go higher than 80 in above example ?
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

Another CPU vs GPU sample rate pass comparison
          My Artstation
          Sun Tsu

Comment

Originally posted by Karol.Osinski View Post
            Thanks radoslav.platikanov So I assume I should go higher than 80 in above example ?
            Depends on the desired result. There's no need to change anything if the results are good enough.

If the red areas have too much noise, you'll have to raise the max subdivs. If there's also too much noise in other areas of the image, the noise threshold should be lowered.

Generally the main setting that determines the quality is the noise threshold. The max subdivs are intended to limit the renderer so it doesn't spend a lot of time on a small amount of pixels that are too difficult to resolve compared to the rest.
            Radoslav Platikanov | V-Ray R&D

Comment

Ok, thanks, radoslav platikanov

Comment

Working...
              X