Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Subdivs on GPU

Hey all,

Quick question here. There are parts of my image that are always noisy regardless of setting the noise threshold to 0.001, ie bokeh. Bokeh is a HUGE offender here, and I just can never get it to look good on V-Ray 5 GPU. On CPU, I have to set my max subdivs to something like 200-500 in order to get bokeh looking acceptable. This obviously makes a couple hundred pixel region take up to an hour or more to render on CPU. Is there no way to up my max subdivs on GPU? I can't find settings for it anywhere.

This topic was discussed in other threads as well. The general idea is that the bokeh effects are challenging for the render to clean. Increasing the Samples limit a lot seems to work fine in some of the previous cases. You can have a look here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...of-bokeh-noise
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Appreciate the response, however my question is not if this is the correct thing to do. I know it's what needs to be done. My question is how do I do this when using GPU rendering? I can't find a max subdivs setting for GPU.

Comment

Confusingly some of the replies in the post were about Max subdivs. They regarded CPU rendering. For GPU rendering, increase the Samples limit instead. Try increasing the Samples limit to something like 250000 in the example.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X