Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5.2 gpu light cache vs light cache vantage

Hi
    What or which is the difference between vray gpu vs vantage, so if i'm using 5.2 My vray gpu renders are going to look something similar to vantage, i saw some difference between vray gpu light cache with cpu and vray gpu light cache with gpu. Looks different between 5.1 and 5.2.

Can You talk a little bit about that, and what is going to happen for vray gpu interactive render???

Thanks

Can You show me some examples with vray 5.1 and 5.2 i'm using vray for sketchup and Even with months after the release i can't use it.

I'm curious about that.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the new GPU Light Cache feature of V-Ray GPU.
    In V-Ray 5.1 the light cache calculations were done using V-Ray (our CPU renderer) while in V-Ray 5.2 we introduced the GPU Light Cache, i.e the light cache is now entirely computed on the GPU.
    As you may know V-Ray and V-Ray GPU are two different renderers, they are expected to have different render results, this should answer your question about the difference.

Diving more into details why we did that - the light cache is a GI caching algorithm, thus computing it on the CPU was not entirely correct, since the CPU renderer calculated different results for the GI than what would the GPU compute.
    Now with the LC calculated on the GPU you should see a render with the GPU using light cache the same as you would get with brute force.
    The second reason for switching to GPU for the LC is of course speed.

Regards,
    Mincho Paskalev
    V-Ray GPU Developer

Comment

Working...
    X