Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TUTORIAL] Ornatrix/Maya/V-Ray grooming for character "Commander" from Samir Mir. Part 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TUTORIAL] Ornatrix/Maya/V-Ray grooming for character "Commander" from Samir Mir. Part 5

This is the fifth episode of Ornatrix Maya and V-Ray hairstyling for the "Commander" character Samir Mir.

In this video: ➡️ I continue working with guides and different modifiers, as well as rendering a little in V-Ray - analyzing the result.

TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings and what this series will be about.

0:48 - Continuing to work with the guides

1:05 - Isolating a paired group of guides, because that's how I feel more comfortable working with them. Hiding the other guides so they don't get in the way.

1:19 - Assigning another group to these guides. This is done so that it was convenient to select them and the guides visually differ from each other - also for convenience. The different colors make it easier to control intersections.

1:36 - Adding an even number of guides. From my observations, this is how you get the best interpolation of the hair. And if you do Clump by Guides - it's easier to control everything. I've already said that Ornatrix - there are no clear rules on how to do everything. It's very flexible - in that respect.

9:41 - Here, I've turned on the mask to check - the correct placement of the guides.

12:20 - Checking the result on the renderer and adjusting the V-Ray Hair Mtl.

12:32 - Analysis of the reference. I can see now that the hairstyle turned out - more lush than in the original.

13:13 - Correcting the top of the hairstyle.

18:14 - Fixing the hair mask

19:49 - Looking at the back of the head and comparing it to the reference. Making edits.

22:40 - Adding variety to Clump - using the mask.

26:40 - Working on the Temples.

28:20 - Fixing the forehead hair.

30:27 - See what came out of these iterations.

30:53 - Don't forget to write a comment. Even a simple "thank you" is enough. It helps me promote my videos. Also, like and share the video with your friends.

30:57 - To be continued...

---

Enjoy watching! Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.
    My tutorials channel - https://www.youtube.com/AndrewKrivulya
    Portfolio - https://www.artstation.com/artofcharly
    -----
    Win 10, 3080 - 16 Gb Laptop, 64Gb RAM, i9-11980HK - 5Ghz
    AERO 15 OLED YD
Working...
X