Correct workflow to render tyflow particles with gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct workflow to render tyflow particles with gpu

Hi! what is the correct workflow and settings to be able to render tyflow particles with mo blur on GPU?
    I have a sim, the particle count does not change, the shapes do not change - what settings do I need to enable/disable? Currently nothing renders.

Sorry to say, it's not yet supported. We've already logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11967) for developer investigation. I'll bump its priority additionally. For now, you should render with CPU.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

I'm not an expert at all but we use Vray GPU (a lot) and Tyflow (sometime) and our pipe line support motion blur with Tyflow particles but only with particles cached with Tychache (not with "live" tyflow particles) it force you to cache your flow but it's not that complicated to handle.
      I don't know your level in 3D/Vray/Tyflow, excuse me if I say thing too obvious.

- 1/ Build your flow
      - 2/ Export a Tycache with Velocity Channel enable
      - 3/ Tycache should be autoload in your scene
      - 4/ Build a physical camera, enable motion blur
      - 5/ And motion blur on Tyflow it is !

Work both IPR and PRODUCTION render.

Hope it help,
      Best,
      Nicolas
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
        Sorry to say, it's not yet supported. We've already logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11967) for developer investigation. I'll bump its priority additionally. For now, you should render with CPU.
        Oof this is a real shame, Im really hoping to move to GPU fully...

Comment

Originally posted by nicolas_fuminier View Post
          Hello,

I'm not an expert at all but we use Vray GPU (a lot) and Tyflow (sometime) and our pipe line support motion blur with Tyflow particles but only with particles cached with Tychache (not with "live" tyflow particles) it force you to cache your flow but it's not that complicated to handle.
          I don't know your level in 3D/Vray/Tyflow, excuse me if I say thing too obvious.

- 1/ Build your flow

Hope it help,
          Best,
          Nicolas
          Thankyou Nicolas, I'll try this out

Comment

Hello,

- 1/ Build your flow

Hope it help,
            Best,
            Nicolas
            thank you so FKING MUCH! this worked! added the export particles operator and ticker velocity. thanks so much!!!!!!

Comment

Hello,

- 1/ Build your flow

Hope it help,
              Best,
              Nicolas

Just realized that on IPR it only worked on the current frame, then if i go to next frame the motion blur is gone. Are you aware of a solution for this? Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by marksmanguy View Post

Just realized that on IPR it only worked on the current frame, then if i go to next frame the motion blur is gone. Are you aware of a solution for this? Thanks again!
                Indeed, there may be a problem on this side.
                I have to do some tests when I have some time to see how it reacts on our side.​

Comment

Working...
                X