Gpu dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gpu dr

I am taking that GPU DR is when you have two or more GPU's in the same PC. Correct?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hi, thanks for posting. The GPU DIstributed rendering similarly to the CPU Distributed rendering works over a network using multiple computers.

Please read the first link to the documentation. We have the "use local host" checker:
    Use local host – Determines whether V-Ray runs on the local machine when DR is used. When enabled, V-Ray runs on the local machine as well as on all machines included in the distributed rendering. When disabled, V-Ray does not run on the local machine and instead it only uses the render servers. Use this option when the local machine is needed for other computational tasks.​
    Another important point is the device setup so you can determine which video card will be used when the server receives the job over the network.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ok, I'll try again. Mine fails and stalls on initiating scene.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Ok please keep us posted.
        Start with a simple scene with no assets first and scale up the test. Don't go straight to huge production scenes since with such a scene the possible scenarios why it may not work grow exponentially and troubleshooting becomes very challenging.
        If you can not get it working yourself, contact us here or trough the ticketing system. We can also meet for a team viewer session if needed and if you agree.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X