Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very small highlight issues

Hi,

I am rendering out some sequences in Vray GPU of small chips on a mainboard. How do I get rid of those very small highlight flickering pixels? I already increased my Retrace samples to 10, but I can't find a solution.
    See attachments for my current settings.

Leslie

Attached Files
    3dsMax 2024 | Vray 6 (Update 2) | AMD 5950X | 128GB | RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Pro

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you share a video of the issue? A few frames will be enough I suppose. Just so that we can see the flickering you talk about.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
      Hi, thanks for posting. Could you share a video of the issue? A few frames will be enough I suppose. Just so that we can see the flickering you talk about.
      Thanks for your quick reply Vladimir!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5fmc7...079i47jn7&dl=0

Comment

Do you perhaps found a solution Vladimir? I need to deliver tomorrow.

Comment

Hi I am afraid not. We might have to look into your scene in order to understand what is going on.

There is an article about flickering here but your case does not look like the typical example. Won't hurt if you try some of the advice from the article.

Have you tried to disable the depth of field and see how it renders without it? Actually disable everything but the pure render and start enabling one by one whatever you have on top and see if this makes any change to the situation.
          I don't think the issue is with light cache, I would leave it as it is. Try to increase the samples limit a lot, let say to 5000 then to 7000 and so on, with a big margin.

We've had issues with adaptive lights previously. This does not look like a typical example but it is worth trying to switch adaptive lights to "full lights evaluation".

You may also try all the other general tips like merging into a new scene, checking for non V-Ray materials and lights and whatever seems suspicions to you.
          Also rendering with an override material that can be reflective or non reflective will tell if the issue is with materials or lights (could be a combination of both).

If nothing helps please archive and upload your scene here or use the support contact form so we can review it.
          In case you manage to fix your scene, please share what fixed it here.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 15-01-2024, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hi I am afraid not. We might have to look into your scene in order to understand what is going on.

There is an article about flickering here but your case does not look like the typical example. Won't hurt if you try some of the advice from the article.

Have you tried to disable the depth of field and see how it renders without it? Actually disable everything but the pure render and start enabling one by one whatever you have on top and see if this makes any change to the situation.
            I don't think the issue is with light cache, I would leave it as it is. Try to increase the samples limit a lot, let say to 5000 then to 7000 and so on, with a big margin.

We've had issues with adaptive lights previously. This does not look like a typical example but it is worth trying to switch adaptive lights to "full lights evaluation".

You may also try all the other general tips like merging into a new scene, checking for non V-Ray materials and lights and whatever seems suspicions to you.
            Also rendering with an override material that can be reflective or non reflective will tell if the issue is with materials or lights (could be a combination of both).

If nothing helps please archive and upload your scene here or use the support contact form so we can review it.
            In case you manage to fix your scene, please share what fixed it here.
            Thanks Vladimir, I will do some render tests tonight and try to find a solution!

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

I want to give you an update about my highlight error.
              Some of the elements had double faces which I had to rebuild. The only thing I couldn't fix was flickering of a single highlight of the DOF bokeh. So I left it and gave up!

Comment

Hi, thanks for getting back to the thread.

The only thing I couldn't fix was flickering of a single highlight of the DOF bokeh
                If you'd like you could still send us the scene for review.

Comment

Working...
                X