Locking RT View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking RT View

I'm having a simple problem where I want RT to stick with my Physcam view while i use other views. I've tried using the view lock at the bottom of the render view and some other things but It doesn't seem to work.

I've had RT stay with a view before as I change my viewports around but I cant work out how I did it...

Any ideas?

Another issue is of course that when it flicks to other views the RT view is way over exposed as its not using the Physcam view. Is there any way to fix exposure in perspective or user views so I can fly around using RT and it not be just a white screen?

Cheers,
    James
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Update: If I stay in the standard views (Top, Left etc...) and user views RT will stay on Physcam but if i touch the perspective view it will change RT to perspective.

Either way my second question still stands...

Comment

The lock view button on the render dialog works for me for keeping it from switching viewports, but you will see the RT window update if you move around in perspective windows. I think this is a glitch Vlado is looking into (unnecessary updates).

The exposure question has come up a few times in other threads. I am not sure where that will net out but the workaround I use is to clone my VrayCam and make an "RT" version of it. That one I move around freely and leave the original alone. Otherwise you have to skip exposure control on the camera and adjust the colour mapping and light values.

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Locking it here works for me:
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah that doesn't work for me unless I dont touch perspective which isn't a huge issue. At least I have User view...

Regarding the viewport exposure; A physcam is a good option but for me it's just that bit slower to navigate around the scene with.

Either way thanks for the replies, I'll post If I can get RT to lock even when using the persp view.

Comment

Working...
          X