Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image compiler for Vray RT

Vlado

you very kindly uploaded a script for saving images in serquence from Vray RT.

What can I use to compile the images as an animation.
    PD player I presume is an options.
    We have After Effects.
    I am finding when I import an image into AE it nativly is 6 seconds long.
    Can somebody throw some light on the process from me please.

Is there a trial version of PDplayer. it looks very handy and cut back and taylored for Vray and max which is what I want.

many thanks

phil

The easiest way is actually to use the RAM player in 3ds Max.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, the RAM Player is a good choice.

Another great tool for things like this is VirtualDub. It is a litte, free open source programm. Just open the image sequence in VD, set the right framerate and export it as avi/mov/"whatever".

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Comment

Hi Again

I have another problem if you don't mind helping me please.
        I have set the RT script for animation in motion and get all the images out.
        bring them into RAM Player.
        Save out, but the Gamma correction is incorrect, as in very dark, were as the preview is perfect.
        I have saved it as both A mpeg4 and AVI un compressed.

So any ideas.

Thank you

phil

Comment

Hi again.
          I am still having probelms.
          I have set my gamma setting to 1 in the colour mapping roll out in Vray.
          I have tried saving out an AVI in the ram player, with seetting 1, and 2.2 and they are still coming out very dark.
          So what am doing wrong.
          Any advise would be gratefull.

phil

Comment

Which codec are you using? Some codecs apply additional color transformations to the images, so you need to adjust their appropriate settings.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The default in Ram Player?

Is this what you mean..
              I have noticed, i have placed this question on CG architect, and nobody has answered it at all.
              I presume that nobody uses ram Player or don't know anything about Gamma and ram Player.

Is it a load of Sh*te ?

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
                The default in Ram Player?

When you click the save icon in Ram Player, a window appears where you can choose a filename and a file format for your output. When you choose "AVI File (*.avi)" the "Setup..." Button becomes clickable. When you click on that button, you can choose a codec (compressor).

But beside this option, you can change the output gamma next to the "Setup..." Button. You can use the system default gamma, or instead any other gamma value in the "Override" Box.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.

And sorry for my bad english!

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
                  We have After Effects.
                  I am finding when I import an image into AE it nativly is 6 seconds long.
                  Can somebody throw some light on the process from me please.

How to do this quickly In AfterEffects CS4:
                  Import the images as a sequence, not as a single image (checkbox in the import dialog).
                  Right click the image sequence in the Project tab and select Interpret Footage > Main
                  Check the framerate of the footage, and set it to what you want it to be if it is incorrect. (24, 25, 30 etc. depending on your target medium/brodcast standard)
                  Your image seqence should now have the correct duration.
                  Go to the Color Managment tab. If your images are saved with a 1.0 gamma, change the Interpret As Linear Light dropdown to On. If they are 2.2 gamma, set it to off.
                  Click OK
                  Now drag the footage from your Project tab down and drop it on the Create New Composition icon (the little film strip) on the bottom of the Project tab.
                  This creates a new comp with the correct dimensions and duration.
                  With the new Comp active, press CTRL+M to add it to the render queue.
                  Use one of the presets from the dropdown arrows, or set up your own codec settings and render.
                  Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thank you very much.
                    I am really finding it hard to get the time to get into AE, it looks great.
                    We have the whole suite....cring shame i don't have the time.

I do appreciate the time for the explanation.

Thank you Torgeir.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                    X