Stereoscopic helper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereoscopic helper

Any plans for V-Ray RT GPU to support the stereoscopic helper? I tried doing a spherical panoramic through RT stereo settings but because I have set the vertical FOV in the spherical pano settings to 180, it renders it twice vertically as well.

Thanks,

V-Ray RT GPU supports stereoscopic rendering - there is an option to activate it in V-Ray RT render settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-10-12-49.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	858090Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-10-14-02.png
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	858091

Can you sent us example scene with the setup you are using?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      V-Ray RT GPU supports stereoscopic rendering - there is an option to activate it in V-Ray RT render settings:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25561[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25562[/ATTACH]

Can you sent us example scene with the setup you are using?
      Thanks, yeah its fine normally but if I want to create a spherical pano for say VR and set the horizontal FOV in the camera settings to 360 and the vertical FOV to 180 it produces this:

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-18 10.38.03.png
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	858095

Same settings but using stereoscopic helper in standard V-Ray produces this correctly:

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-18 10.36.14.png
Size:	480.9 KB
ID:	858094

Here is the scene file: RT_Stereo.zip

Comment

Try to set the Vertical FOV to 90 instead of 180 - it should produce the effect you are after.

Comment

Try to set the Vertical FOV to 90 instead of 180 - it should produce the effect you are after.
          Unfortunately it doesn't, it needs to be 180 in order to get the correct view inside VR.

Comment

Have actually you tried that - to me the results from V-Ray RT with FOV 90 looks very similar to the one from ADV with FOV 180.

RT:Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-02-39.png
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	858112

ADV:Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-03-42.png
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	858113

Comment

Have actually you tried that - to me the results from V-Ray RT with FOV 90 looks very similar to the one from ADV with FOV 180.

RT:[ATTACH=CONFIG]25596[/ATTACH]

ADV:[ATTACH=CONFIG]25597[/ATTACH]
              How strange, sorry no I didn't try it with FOV 90 as I assumed it must need to be 180 which matches RT in none-stereo as well as V-Ray advanced. What is the reason for having 90 FOV in RT stereo but 180 FOV in both RT with no stereo and V-Ray advanced using stereoscopic helper? Is it a bug or is there logic to it?

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-19 14.44.41.jpg
Size:	503.3 KB
ID:	858114 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-19 14.46.42.jpg
Size:	510.7 KB
ID:	858115 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-19 14.48.21.jpg
Size:	512.9 KB
ID:	858116

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                What is the reason for having 90 FOV in RT stereo but 180 FOV in both RT with no stereo and V-Ray advanced using stereoscopic helper? Is it a bug or is there logic to it?
                Looks like a bug to me. There is a division by 2 somewhere... will make a note to look into it.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great thanks, That's good to know. I can use the work around for now.

Comment

How would I go about pre-calculating the Light Cache fly-through using V-Ray advanced? Do I pre-calculate using stereoscopic helper or without? Will it use the same Light Cache file for both left and right view?
                    Last edited by ; 20-08-2015, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                      How would I go about pre-calculating the Light Cache fly-through using V-Ray advanced? Do I pre-calculate using stereoscopic helper or without? Will it use the same Light Cache file for both left and right view?
                      Hi James,

I haven't tested this workflow yet, but I think precalculating the LC for one view/eye will be enough.
                      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                        Hi James,

I haven't tested this workflow yet, but I think precalculating the LC for one view/eye will be enough.
                        Thanks I precalculated it using the stereoscopic helper in the end which worked fine. Good to know I don't have to next time

Comment

Somehow I can't manage to make cubical panoramas work right with RT! Activating stereo mode side by side, makes my default camera deform the image, lines are not straight anymore.

Anyone can share tips on how they rendere cubical panoramas with Vray RT?

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	864063

Comment

Can you post your scene setup so that we can take a look? It doesn't have to be the full scene.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              Can you post your scene setup so that we can take a look? It doesn't have to be the full scene.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Thank you Vlado. Here is the link, it is a free scene downloaded from the web. I didn't tweak any Vray settings, only switched the renderer to GPU. As you will see, the camera is horizontal and looking perpendicular to the walls, but in the render it shows like angled. Lines are not straight too.
                              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Ray_3DsMax.zip

I did another test changing the camera to spherical, it is not working either for me, I must be doing smth wrong for sure...

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	864076
                              Last edited by sheehan_partners_nm; 31-10-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X