How to check elapsed render time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check elapsed render time?

When I'm using RT CUDA as a production render engine I'm not getting the elapsed time info in the little window with the progress bar and cancel button. Is there a way to keep track of how much render time has elapsed since starting the rendering?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

You can see elapsed time with V-ray RT/Show Statistics checked. But I don't know how to get rid of it after rendering is finished like you can with Active Shade...

-Alan

Comment

Yes, unfortunately we don't have a way of turning the "show statistics" off when rendering in production mode. But they won't be written to the image, they're only overlaid in the VFB, so that could be one way to use them.
      The vray log window will show you how much time it took for the render once it's done or once you stop it, so that's the other place you can look for (RT Frame took: 10.2s).
      Will the above work for you?
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually asking if I could check the render times while rendering, not after stopping it. I don't see the elapsed time being counted in the window with the "Cancel" button. The trick with "show statistics" seems to be working but not as well as I would like it. It's pretty hard to read the text and it doesn't update in real time. It seems to be updating every 5-10 sec. In comparison, when RT is in Active Shade mode instead of Production Rendering mode, statistics are being updated in real time.

Anyways, not that big a problem for me. I was just curious if it was possible at this time. There are more important things to focus on, it's a side issue really, so don't stress over it.
        Last edited by Alex_M; 29-12-2016, 08:02 AM.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

All statistics should update after a sampling pass is done. We can certainly think of implementing a more convenient way to display that information.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
            Yes, unfortunately we don't have a way of turning the "show statistics" off when rendering in production mode. But they won't be written to the image, they're only overlaid in the VFB, so that could be one way to use them.
            Good to know!

Thanks Alex,

-Alan

Comment

Working...
            X