Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next GPU - edges tex issue with vray proxy

Hi there.
    I'm using max 2018 with Vray Next GPU update 1.1.
    I've encountered this problem: when I render a vray proxy with a vray material that have a vray edges tex map on the diffuse slot, it renders the hidden edges too, even if the option is disabled.
    See the attached pictures: on the left the teapot is a geometry, on the right we have a vray proxy. Same material applied on both. Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	1024697

I have this problem in IPR mode and in production mode too.
    I've tested the scene with Vray Next (not GPU) and everything works fine (no hidden edges on the proxy).

Anyone can help me?

Thanks, cheers
    Last edited by Pixelpark; 30-01-2019, 02:34 AM.

Seems like a bug. Will log it.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

@peter.matanov
      Thanks Peter! Let me know (if possible) when it'll be Fixed! I really need this feature for a big project I'm working on.
      Cheers

Comment

Hi.
        I'd like to have some feedback on this bug: have it been fixed?
        This morning I read the change log of the latest nightly version (4.2) but it seems the bug is still there...
        I know it's kinda a secondary feature, but I'd really need to use it for a project of mine... I have a long animation and I don't want to render it with CPU, it would take forever...
        Let me know!

Cheers

Comment

Hey Pixelpark

Sorry it took us so long. We are working on bringing support for this in GPU.The latest nightly builds have some fixes for this problem. Maybe not all cases are covered but soon it will be fully supported.
          You can try the latest nightlies.

Best,
          Alex
          Alexander Soklev | Team Lead | V-Ray GPU

Comment

a7az0th Hi Alexander. This morning I've just installed Vray Next update 2.1 and I found this bug is still there. Can you please tell me approximately when do you plan to fix this?
            Thanks for your patience. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X