Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU errors!! Help

Help ! Something Went Terribly Wrong .
    Vray Gpu Stoped working completly even on a empty Scene.
    all was working well on the new Vray 4.2. until today
    when my PC Froze completely during a small scene GPU rendering. i did a Force Reboot, after that Vray Gpu was broken and cant seem to render anything even an empty scene.
    after that,, i downloaded the latest Nvidia Driver, the latest nightly, nothing seems to work.
    The Device Manager doesnt See a problem With the graphic cards .
    HELP !
    Attached Files
    www.kobo9.ch

Try deleting the enu folder of 3ds max. I had that problem once and deleting it solved it.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

i will try that, thank you Manuel.
      everything is back to normal for new scenes today. ill try rendering the old scene when i have the time.
      www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Found the Source of the Problem ... i was able to replicate it in other scenes.
        there were 2 textures that were on a network server but accessible.
        when rendering with GPU it gives me those error attached above. and sometimes PC just Freez.

copying the texture to a local drive & relinking them has fixed the errors.
        www.kobo9.ch

Comment

ok, thats weird. but good to know. thanks for the info!
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com
          Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Wierd It is.
            usualy textures on a network would render as if there isnt any texture in my previous exepriences. with GPU 3.6 till 4.something.
            not saying its Vray Fault, its just that i dont know much on how the network is set up where i work .
            www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Originally posted by khoross View Post
              Wierd It is.
              usualy textures on a network would render as if there isnt any texture in my previous exepriences. with GPU 3.6 till 4.something.
              not saying its Vray Fault, its just that i dont know much on how the network is set up where i work .

I've changed all assets to c:\assets folder and switch from LC to BF and everything woks great. Render times reduced and it has been 60 frames without any interruption.

Thank you man. It works!
              I'm really greatfull.

Comment

Working...
              X