Vray Next GPU Network Rendering PhoenixFD OceanTex Gamma issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next GPU Network Rendering PhoenixFD OceanTex Gamma issues

I'm currently trying to render a scene through network rendering (backburner) with the PhoenixFD OceanTex applied to a Vray Displacement with Vray NEXT GPU. Versions are all the same for all machines (3dsmax = 2019.3, Phoenix = 3.14, Vray = 420.01, etc.) The machines are giving me different gamma on the object with the Displacement applied. All other scene objects are correct. Could this have something to do with 3dsmax gamma setting? I've changed all the 3dsmax.ini files to Gamma 1.0 output. I've also tried BF/LC, BF/BF on the GPU. Rendering with Vray NEXT renders correctly.

FYI, I've just replied to your open ticket regarding this issue.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Thanks. I reverted to CPU in this case for the project. You stated in the e-mail "the PhoenixFDOceanTex is not yet supported on the GPU unless it's used in a simulator and can lead to issues like artifacts, etc." Do you mean it will only work atm if it is attatched to a PhoenixFD Fire/Water simulation as a map?

Comment

Hey,

Yes, attaching the OceanTex to a PhoenixFD simulator as a displacement map should work correctly on the GPU.

Cheers,
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X