Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray NEXT blue screen issues

Hi,
    I have some issues with V-Ray NEXT for Sketchup and Benchmark - Blue screens.

1. When I'm rendering interactive- using GPU or CPU (under engine option) the computer crashes after few seconds and I'm getting the blue screen "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR", It's happnes at any model, even in new one without any geometry.

2. When I'm creating new material, sometimes before I even loading the texture bitmap the screen freezes for some seconds and again the blue screen with the "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" message. I'm completely not sure but I suspect the 'live preview' causing the failure

3. When benchmarking CPU only, (Not the V-Ray GPU with processor option) I get those 3 blue screens (randomly)-

- Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    What failed: clipsp.sys

- Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION__NOT_HANDLED

- Stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

My computer- Dell Precision 5530- i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P2000, 32GB Ram.
    All drivres are updated, I've done a lot of hardware tests, including Memtest86 and some test for the GPU, all results were fine.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1809, OS build 17763.615
    Sketchup 2018 pro 18.0.16975 (also tried with last version of 2019, same results)
    V-Ray for SketchUp 4.00.02 build: 97144
    NeUI V. 2.1.3 build 97071
    Core V. 4.04.03
    AppSDK V. 2.02.00

Help me to solve it out, already reinstalled the OS/Sketchup/V-Ray couple times and nothing got better.

Thanks,
    Haran.

Is the CPU overclocked (from BIOS or otherwise)? Windows writes memory dumps when it crashes - probably they can give more information - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ns-for-windows
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Ivan, thank you for the replay.
      No, the CPU is not overclocked. I did some undervolting (with Throttlestop) but I delete it.
      I'm not sure if it hardware problem and if I need to take it to dell support.
      Is there any program like memtest86 that check the CPU and the GPU?

Comment

There is some free software you can use to stress-test the CPU - a quick Google search will present some options.
        - To scan and repair the missing or corrupted system files run System File Checker - sfc /scannow in CMD (run it as admin)
        - To scan for memory corruption you can use mdsched.exe in CMD
        - To analyze a memory dump file after BSOD you can use different softwares, e.g. BlueScreenView, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\dumpchk.exe"from Windows driver kit, Visual Studio etc.
        See if points to a faulty drivers, library etc.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X