Distributed Rendering On / Off affects image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering On / Off affects image

I'm new GPU rendering and have found something odd.

This is the first project I'm trying to use just GPU. One thing I've noticed is - if I have Distributed Rendering Turned on (and the render farm turned off) - my images will render quicker, use less memory and come out cleaner (less noise or splotches).

When I realized I had the Distributed Rendering option on and not using my farm, I clicked it off - just that one change caused my rendering times to double and the image changed - it's brighter and there are weird splotches now.

I've attached the two images for comparison and see if the image should be the same whether Distributed Rendering is turned on or off

Thanks for your thoughts

Hello,

A few questions - what 3D application are you using and which version (3ds Max, Maya..) ?
    What is your V-Ray version ?
    Are using the Denoiser for those images ? The splotches on the first image look a bit like badly denoised fireflies..

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

We should have a fix for this in a patch that will be uploaded soon. I can also get you a build to try out if you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com - it would be good to confirm if it solves the issue.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
        Hello,

A few questions - what 3D application are you using and which version (3ds Max, Maya..) ?
        What is your V-Ray version ?
        Are using the Denoiser for those images ? The splotches on the first image look a bit like badly denoised fireflies..

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Sorry,

I should have included that information

I'm using 3DS MAX 2020.1 Update
        Vray Next, Update 2.1 (4.20.01.00001)

I am using the Denoiser

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Thanks for your time & assistance,

Owen

Comment

Working...