Memory climbs during frame sequence with moblur and tyflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory climbs during frame sequence with moblur and tyflow

I've got a pretty simple scene (no displacement, fluids, etc.) where the camera slowly pans and some leaves (maybe 20) animated by TyFlow blow by the camera. There is one GrowFX tree in the scene and some stationary dead leaves scattered using Forest Pack. If I enable motion blur the memory usage (system, not GPU) slowly climbs. With MoBlur I've had a couple of crashes in this scene. Sometimes it just sits there and GPU usage drops to 0% forever (kind of a soft crash). I'm able to save and kill the process. Sometimes the system ram climbs and climbs until an actual crash. Just to put some numbers to it, if I have no Moblur the system memory usage is about 11gb. If I enable moblur the first few frames are maybe 19gb and then over the course of 50 frames or so it climbs to 60gb until an eventual crash.

If I disable Moblur then all these problems go away. I'm happy to share the scene, but what I'm wondering is...is there something I don't know about with MoBlur? Is this expected behavior because it's thinking about multiple frames? I'm guessing not and that there is a memory leak maybe related to TyFlow or GPU or something. Just wanted to gut check on the forum.

Thanks!
    Daniel

Hello! Could you send the scene for investigation to tanya.todorova@chaosgroup.com ?
    Tanya Todorova
    QA

Comment

Hi Tanya - Sending scene archive via WeTransfer. Thanks!
      Daniel

Comment

are you exporting the tyflow as a cache and reading objects/animation from disk?

Comment

Thank you for the scene, Daniel. Can you try to turn off caching in TyFlow and to export particles to disk?
          Tanya Todorova
          QA

Comment

Working...
          X