Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Override Materials & Proxies

Hi

I'm trying to render some white card draft images but the vray proxy trees are rendering odd - see attached. The override material is a vray material with the diffuse colour set to rgb: 173,173,173.

When I import the proxy as a mesh, it renders fine. Another question is, when importing a proxy as mesh, it imports to a location different to the proxy - is there a way to sort this out?

Thanks

N
    Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 11-09-2019, 02:13 AM.

Best you send the scene along with the .vrmesh file to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Regarding the different location - currently, on import, the mesh will be created at the coordinate system origin (0,0,0), rather than at the current location of the VRayProxy object.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 11-09-2019, 04:56 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I've had a closer look at this and I think it has something to do with the version of max and vray the proxy was created with. The proxy above was created with VRay 3.5 and max 2016. I recreated the proxy with Next and max 2020 and it's fine.

The other issue when importing the proxy as a mesh, it moves to a different location, is this normal?

Comment

Yes, it is normal. As I already wrote - the mesh will be created at the coordinate system origin (0,0,0), rather than at the current location of the VRayProxy object.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ok thanks, I managed to miss that somehow!

Comment

Working...
          X