Bercon tile alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bercon tile alternative?

There is very common challange to achive seemless non repeating tile pattern in architectural visualizations (i. e. brick or Stone cladding, parquet and so). Is there any procedure/technic similar to bercon tile usable in vray gpu rendering (bercon tile is not supported and walls and tiles so)? Please advice solution.
    Last edited by baza_architekci_mk; 28-01-2020, 03:17 AM.

You could author it with CPU, and bake as texture.
    Turned into a tiled .tx, it'd allow you to have insanely big input sizes without suffering the normally associated penalty.
    Not ideal, but it'd work.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

lele thank you for the idea... So basic task so diffucult to achive... Is'nt it estonishing?

Comment

I'm not sure i'd call it difficult, just laborious if you have many shaders.
        It can be scripted, though, very likely.

"support" for a map under GPU, on the other hand, often means writing the code for that map from scratch, and with important changes to it so that GPU can stay performant.
        The source code may or may not be available, to complicate matters further.
        Last but not least, it's not at all a given that *any* map may work under GPU and efficiently so: some are either impossible, other way too slow.

Should it be doable, however, it would go into a feature list, with varying priority.
        Meaning it may take a while to become available.
        Hence me suggesting the more pragmatic, but quicker to results, approach of baking.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thank you again for help! I will try suggested solution. Untill now I was playing witch mix map and mixing the same pattern map in two slots witch different offset value for one slot. For the mixing I used 3dmax tile map with black and white coclors and high "holes" value (it is something like random checker map) and accurate values for dimensions... See attached ilustration (for those who are looking for any ideas). Any way please take this so common and basic problem on wish list. Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
          X