Vray GPU NEXT with 5x 1060 gtx cards crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU NEXT with 5x 1060 gtx cards crashes

Hello, I've been trying to render a model (2.7mil polys, nothing extreme in materials, .HDR for environment) in a studio set up with Vray GPU NEXT using 5x GPUs. Unfortunately it always spits out a bunch of errors (attached log). I have tried using 3x 1060 GTX's GPUs and it works. When 4-5 cards are installed but only 3 are selected to be active, it still gives a lot of errors and doesn't render. My question is, do you need a more powerful CPU and more ram in order to render with more GPUs, since it gives "unable to allocate enough memory to perform the requested operation"? Is this for RAM or VRAM? When rendering with 3 GPUs my ram usage was 7GB. So an extra 1GB was still available. I have already tried using older drivers. Lastly using 5 GPUs simply crashes 3ds max / 4 GPUs - gives errors and stops rendering(logs attached) / 3 - rendering works. Looking for any other insight on why this is happening.

System specs:
    i3-4710
    8GB RAM
    5x 1060 GTX 6GB (connected through 1x risers)
    3ds max 2018 (20.0.0.966)
    Win 10

My guess would be that your i3 cpu isn’t providing enough PCI bus lanes to support that many GPUs

Comment

At first, my though was the same. But this CPU has 16 PCI-e lanes. Since all the cards are connected through 1x risers, all 5 cards are using only 5 lanes. There should still be plenty left for other peripherals.

Comment

8gb system ram is also pretty low. Not sure what the requirements are for supporting multiple GPUs though

Comment

Working...
        X