Multiple GPU running on RTX mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple GPU running on RTX mode

I am currently testing a workstation with the following specs.

AMD threadripper CPU
    128 GB ram
    4 x 2080TI

I have had mixed success putting this on our farm setup through deadline, but am not able to render anything locally. I get the following error.
    I am hand typing this so it might not be exact.
    [VUtils::Optix::Optix Pipeline Wrapper::launch] Optix error encountered in vray optix7.cpp[375]. Error Code 7900

I have the very latest NVidia Studio drivers installed as well. This machine was purpose built for a different application, but it does have significant downtime, so I would love to make use of it.

Is it possible that vray just doesn't want to use more than 2 gpu's? This seems to happen an any scene I try to render on this machine, and the same scene will render fine on other workstations with dual 2080TI's. On super simple scenes it seems to work okay temporarily, but even then, after a few renders, it starts to skip gpu instances until 'there are no more renderable devices found'

Any pointers?

Thanks!

J

The issue is not the number of graphics cards, V-Ray can render with more than two GPUs. The error you've received is generic and could mean a lot of things. Since you've already updated your drivers, could you try running a test with V-Ray Benchmark and possibly with another GPU heavy software, to check if the issue is hardware related?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X