Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency Issue

Hi,
    I have a similar problem again with transparency. When multiple objects (at least 4-5 faces i think) have vray mat, refraction white, IOR 1.0 applied and appear in front of each other facing towards the camera, black faces appear.
    Very easy to recreate.
    Any solution to this? Works on cpu.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ensar_huskovic; 20-02-2020, 03:29 AM.

Best you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the e-mail.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. The issue is caused by the low amount of trace depth bounces. You would need to increase their cap through the render settings (Perf.>Utilization>Trace Depth) and also increase the transparent materials' refraction 'Max Depth' and reflective materials' reflection 'Max Depth' in order for these rays to be traced through all the transparent faces (a value of 15 seems to work fine).

Comment

I tried what you suggested but it does not work yet. I tried your values, but also went up and still i get the same issue. I am using 4.30.01, maybe that is the issue?
        Attached Files

Comment

Just tested this out with 4.30.01 - seems to be working fine. The only things I changed are the trace depth in the render settings to 15, the transparent materials' (Material #26, TRANSPARENT_MAT) max refraction depth to 15 and the metal materials' (Material #25, Metal_Scratched) reflection max depth to 15. Could you double-check the values?

Comment

Now it works!
            I forgot to do it for the metal material is well. Thanks for the effort!

Comment

Working...
            X