Forest Pro Tint Issues with V-Ray GPU Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Pro Tint Issues with V-Ray GPU Rendering

Does anyone know if the color tint issue has been resolved in V-Ray GPU or not. The color renders properly with CPU option, but goes all black for the GPU render, please see the attached images. Could someone help me with a setting or workaround that I could use? I would prefer to use the GPU render as it is much quicker. I am using 3DS Max2021, Vray NEXT 3.2 and Forest Pack Pro 6.3.0. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks everyone.

From where are you controlling the color tint? From the Forest options or the Forest Color map? The global tint in the Forest options is currently not supported. However, an improvement request is logged (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-2355) and it is on our developers' to-do lists.
    Otherwise, send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the e-mail.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for looking into this i believe it has been hanging around for a while now as an improvement request. Thanks.

Comment

So like most, I am trying to make my transition from CPU engine over to GPU engine so I am bit oblivious and stumbling along the way. So to confirm, these FP control options do not work currently using the GPU engine? When I render with GPU the trees do not grab onto any tweaks I have done. Which look fine with CPU. I just want to confirm it's not my block head doing something wrong. Thx
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PixelWindChill; 02-02-2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelWindChill View Post
          So to confirm, these FP control options do not work currently using the GPU engine?
          That's correct. To work around it, you should use Tint options from the Forest Color node itself (by clicking override).

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for confirming

Comment

Working...
            X