GPU issue: error: [OOCRenderthread:syncStream] 700: stream sync failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU issue: error: [OOCRenderthread:syncStream] 700: stream sync failed

Have to end 3dsmax from task manager when I get this error. Any solution to be found or why it is happening. The ipr might work fine the first time in a session but if i stop and restart = error.

My setup: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3-1575M, Nvidia quadro 8GB m5000m (v461.40), 3dsmax2021, Vray 5 update 1.

Try updating to the latest recommended GPU drivers and see if that makes any difference.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Have done that right now: Ran DDU in safe mode and installed Nvidia driverv461.09. Now I get these errors instead.

Comment

Trying some things: Lowered the bundle size to 168 and turned on the "Out of core". Then I get this error:

Comment

Hmm... "Low GPU thread on" seems to stabilize it. But should that be necessary for a simple scene with 1 light source (HDR) and only half a million polys? No warnings or errors in file elsewhere.

Comment

Does this happen on every scene or on a particular one? Could you send the scene via the contact form, addressed to me in the subject with a link to this thread in the message so we can take a look?

Comment

Usually, when dealing with OOC, meshes need to be voxelized prior to rendering in order to smooth the memory managing process (small fragments are more manageable than larger ones). The error screencap from your latest post is usually present when this step is skipped. Try voxelizing the mesh by exporting a .vrmesh (through the VRay mesh export functionality) with the "Optimize for instancing" option disabled and the "Faces in voxel" count set to 1000.

Comment

Thank you for your advice! I will try that. New to GPU rendering. I find it very unstable but its alot faster than my cpu.

Comment

Working...
                X