No announcement yet.

GPU Memory Load - V-Ray for Maya misc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Memory Load - V-Ray for Maya misc.?

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where my memory is getting filled up by an unknown part of my scene and it's making my scenes crash. I've attached a log from the memory tracking that produced when I try and render the scene on the GPU (an RTX2080ti). I've had the scene render on my PC a few times, but more often than not it crashes and gives me this error code "// Error: line 1: V-Ray : Unhandled exception occurred, will exit render loop.". It also seems to crash out when I try to render with Rebus.

It seems that "V-Ray for Maya misc." is taking up nearly 5GB of space, whereas the other bits - textures, geo, caches barely take up anything.

Would anyone know what the misc data is and how I can remove it?

The Misc data holds all memory utilization without a category, so it is hard to say what exactly is in it. Maybe another category should be added for such cases. Could you send the scene via the contact form so we can investigate? Address it to me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

was there any solution or insights on this, because im finding it hard to work out where the memory is going because the scene was filling my 2 nvlink 2080ti which seemed odd....things like .'internal state' whats that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_zgmaznaMlm.png
Views:	333
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1123310
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
        was there any solution or insights on this, because im finding it hard to work out where the memory is going because the scene was filling my 2 nvlink 2080ti which seemed odd....things like .'internal state' whats that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_zgmaznaMlm.png
Views:	333
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1123310
        I think I gave up in the end due to deadlines and had to resort to using the CPU to get my project rendered out. Sorry, I can't be of more help there! I think that I managed to get a few problematic scenes rendered out by hiding everything that wasn't absolutely needed, but in the end CPU rendering got me through it.

Comment

Typically, I'm now (and have been all day) fighting Vray GPU to get an animation rendered out. An animation only 50 frames long, all of the frames have rendered out apart from 3 directly in the middle of the animation due to the following error:
          t_opencl_(1622) : CUDA error 700 //
          // Error: V-Ray : [MemoryManagerGpu::releaseUnmappedMemoryFromInstanc e] 700: Could not release device buffer //

I swear Vray GPU is buggy as hell. I've been having issues all week with it not being able to handle multiple UV sets in animations, its so glitchy.

Comment

francomanko The memory categorized under "Internal State" is dedicated to the functioning of the V-Ray GPU engine itself. The "Misc" category is, as I already mentioned, plugins, which do not fit into any of the listed categories (i.e. decals).
            sebbiej If you could send a stripped version of the scene, where the issue is still present, we can try to determine the error's source. Use the contact form, mentioning me, and including a link to this thread.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X