No announcement yet.

Texture direction changing direction when rendered with Vray GPU and Backburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture direction changing direction when rendered with Vray GPU and Backburner

I recently came across an issue where I submitted a job to the same computer using backburner. The first 89 frames of an animated conveyor belt rendered with the texture in one direction and from frame 90 onward it then rendered in a different direction.
    Below I have attached the frames where it switches direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame 89.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1112706Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame 90.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1112707
    Its a Vray Material using a Vray Bitmap and UVWRandomiser with Stochastic Tiling.
    I never noticed the issue when rendering with 3dsmax and nor were there any error messages. Has anybody come across this before?

Vray 5.10.02, 3dsmax 2021.3 Update and Backburner 2019 (2019.0.0.5)
    Attached Files

Hi Anthonyyg,

Can you forward us the scene in question with all the assets so we can see if we can reproduce the issue? You can send it via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the email, thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hey Anthonyyg
      Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am running into the same issue with an animation I'm working on. I assumed the randomization would only be calculated once, but it randomizes the textures from frame to frame.

Comment

mark_fonzen no I didn't, I overcame the problem by rendering the troublesome item with regular VRay and comping in post. To be honest I have not revisited the scene but it looks like I should.

Comment

Working...
        X