wow i just read about the vrayLightMtl but might be having an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow i just read about the vrayLightMtl but might be having an issue

i have a jpg that i applied to a tv screen object. i put the jpg into the vrayLightMtl and set the compensate for camera exposure, set the multiplier, it looked great. it even put some indirect light on the ceiling above the tv. i switched on direct illumination and the tv screen turned from an image of a weather forecast to a solid color - and that color seems to be coming from the overall blue tone of the weather image.

i also tried a different jpg which was of a football field. with direct illumination turned on, again the image disappeared and was replaced by a green tone.

it does cast direct light though... just the image of the screen becomes a solid color.

i'm using Vray 5.1 + GPU

thanks.

ps - i am loving this light material with the direct illumination though, rope lights, sphere lights etc... it's awesome. i didn't think i could do that with GPU!

Texture sampling on VRayLightMtls with Direct Illumination is not yet supported, I'm afraid. I've logged an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-5442) for its implementation. You may use regular textured VRayLights as a workaround.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

ok thanks. i thought i might be doing something wrong.

Comment

Hi, any updates on direct illumination support?
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

Karol.Osinski
          ​​​​​​​Not quite yet, I'm afraid. I'll add your request in the log as well.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X