Can't stop IPR if Distributed Rendering and Real Zoom are turned on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stop IPR if Distributed Rendering and Real Zoom are turned on

I can't seem to be able to stop IPR rendering if Distributed Rendering and Real Zoom in the VFB window is turned on. I suppose this is a bug?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Hi Alex,

Thanks - this is a known issue and is logged into our system under VMAX-10999; I'll bump its priority additionally. This is just a UI issue (the render does stop once you abort it); http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...9_11-02-38.mp4

I'll let you know when there are any updates on the matter.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, Nikoleta! Are they any workarounds that avoid closing Max if I want to render again when this bug happens? I tried the "Start IPR" button in Vray's Render settings tab, but it doesn't seem to do anything if Vray locks like this. In fact, it starts using my GPU resources as if it is rendering, but nothing happens in the VFB window. Then I tried disabling the DR rendering before clicking on the "Start IPR" in the Render settings tab, but that leads to Max crashing. Same crash happens if I disable DR and then start a production render (F9). So it seems the only thing I can do if this bug happens is to kill the Max process in Task Manager and restart Max if I want to render again, or? Thanks in advance!
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Hi Alex,

I've posted a recording above - after you get that IPR hang, starting a Production render and then stopping it seems to be working, can you open a fresh scene and give it a shot?
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Using this procedure seems to be working, thanks. I'm not sure why, but I was getting crashes when I tried this earlier. Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't seem to completely fix things. Real Zoom stops working at all and I need to restart Max to use this feature again. Anyways, I'll try to be more alert and avoid using DR with IPR until this is fixed. Thanks again for the help on this!

Comment

Working...
          X