Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having an issue with this error -Memory manager GPU: releaseUnmappedMemoryFromInstance] 700:could not release device buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having an issue with this error -Memory manager GPU: releaseUnmappedMemoryFromInstance] 700:could not release device buffer

My scene file renders fine for a few frames but the I run into this error. And I cant identify the issue.
    This scene file does worse on my Dual GPU computer than on my single, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

My system is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor 3.69 GHz
    with Dual 3090'sz
    256GB or RAM

It's more than enough to handle the scene I'm working on.

I really wish Vray had a better way of tracking or flagging down errors. These generic errors give the user no clue as to what is wrong.
    The hours of wasted time I've spent banging my head trying to figure out what's wrong with my scene are not replaceable.

Where do I send this scene file, so you guys can help me solve this issue.

Best

Comment

Here is topographical view of the scene I am working on. the render stops at a certain point and my computer freezes. I'm using progressive, light cache.

Comment

Hi jeremy_salig,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues. Please forward the scene file in question via our contact form (along with all its assets) so we can have a look and troubleshoot - make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the form subject. Please also mention the exact GPU driver version used.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I'm getting the exact same error. Started randomly today, have tried new drivers and upgrading to latest version, also banging my head against the wall as I have a deadline tomorrow, please help!!!

Comment

Does it happen on other scenes as well? If it is scene-specific, could you share it so we can have a look? Additional info such as CPU/GPU/driver version would be greatly appreciated.
            Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X