Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU light cache issues

Hi there,

I am currently working on an interior scene and i am encountering some issues when using GPU light cache. I ma getting some really small differences in lighting between buckets. (also in my final render). This probably has to do with the fact that i have two different models of gpu in my system (2080ti and 3090) but i was wondering if this is a known issue?

Comment

Hi eXeCuze,

Is this Distributed rendering or those buckets are happening when you render locally? Is there any difference if you switch between Progressive/Bucket rendering, and does it happen only when using GPU LC?

Moreover, have you noticed such results in other projects? If it's only happening here, best would be to forward it via our contact form (just make sure to mention this thread or my name in the form subject). You could also try rendering with one of the GPUs to see if that changes anything.

In case you're using DR - make sure all the versions match on the machines and all the assets are transferred across.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

Thank you for your response.

This occurs when i am rendering locally. I haven't tested bucket rendering yet (i prefer progressive rendering because this is faster) But i can try this to see if this helps. I did try to render it with the normal LC (Cpu based) and then these artifacts don't occur. Also no problems when rendering with brute force. I haven't tested this on other projects yet, ill give this also a try to see if it is specific to this project but i have the feeling that it is not.

Comment

Hey eXeCuze,

Would it be possible to share the exact V-Ray version used along with information about the GPU driver version? Did you manage to test with either GPU separately to see if there is any difference? As mentioned, you might also send us the scene for investigation.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

This looks like the same issues that are usually caused by the adaptive dome light which have been around as an issue for some time now. Try disabling adaptive on the dome light or switching lighting mode to ‘full evaluation’ - it could be related to the gpu light cache but I’ve had the same artifacting in scenes due to adaptive dome before

Comment

Not just a GPU issues. Ive had this on CPU also, and its turned up on a shot today.
              Website
              https://mangobeard.com/
              Behance
              https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Working...
              X