Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Blurred Lights Lose Texture mapping

Hi There.

We have encountered an issue in the following scenario.

We have a vehicle driving, and we are rendering with motion blur. We have a light with a RectTex applied to it ( in this case a ramp ) and have parented it to the vehicle body ( Should be a common thing to do ). When we ipr without motion blur, the light holds its texture fine, however when we do a render with motion blur, The light seems to lose its UV's and repeats the texture, making for vary unfavorable reflections. I havnt found a way around this, other than overriding the motion blur samples on the light to 1, but then the light renders out of position.

I have attached some screenshots of the light when its not moving (image A) and where the light is parented to the 'vehicle' (image B) along with an example scene. Rendered in Vray GPU, with RTX enabled. (Same issue with it off) Dual 2080Ti's. Also tried on 3090 Ti and same issues on different workstations.

Thanks a lot!

J
    Attached Files

This does not seem to happen on my end (tested with 5.10.22, September 29). Which V-Ray version build do you have installed?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We are currently on
      5.10.20_maya2020

But I guess I didn't notice the .22 update. I will update to the latest and will reply back.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X