Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray GPU and Phoenix Grid RGB

Hi,
    I did google and search these forums for this issue. Didn't seem to find anything.

I'm doing water simulation tutorials.
    I'm using PheonixFDTextmap with Grid RGB to generate the colors from multiple emitters.
    Here is the tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT7L...ndex=11&t=645s

Renders great in CPU mode.
    When I render in GPU mode, it's just greyscale.
    Please see photo.

Is there a setting somewhere or it not supported?

Using V-Ray 5, update 2.2

Thanks!
    Last edited by lear_lilko; 13-01-2022, 08:19 AM.

Hey,

The Phoenix Grid texture is still not supported with V-Ray GPU I'm afraid. Adding one more vote for it.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Damn, I've bought VRay GPU (I'm using Octane) just to use PheonixFDTextmap and this is not supported...

Could you please elaborate the reason why ? You need to re-write all the code ? I'm asking this because we are begging for this feature for years in the Octane's forum without a clear answer...

Thank you in advance !

Comment

Hey,

Indeed - we need to add some more code in order for the V-Ray GPU to support the Phoenix Grid texture.

I'm afraid that this is not a trivial task and I can't give an estimation when this will be ready.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Hello again,

would it possible to render the rgb channel as a render element (like a material ID) ?

i.e. liquid 1 = red / liquid 2 = blue

Comment

Hey,

Yes, you can do that. You can connect the Phoenix Grid texture as an input to a Color Correction map. Then in the Color Correction map settings, set the red, green and blue channels to Red - this will isolate only the red channel.
            For the second liquid make another Color Correction map (again the same Grid texture should be used as an input) and this time set the red, green and blue channels to blue.

Then you can go to the Render elements options and create two VRayExtraTexture elements. Plug each of the Color Correction maps into the Extra tex RE slots.

This will create a black and white mask for where each liquid is based on its color.

Though note that this works only with V-Ray CPU.

Cheers.
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X