Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray GPU Distributed rendering freezes after an hour or so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU Distributed rendering freezes after an hour or so.

I'm having a weird issue where the vray gpu render server freezes up after about 1-2 hours of rendering. No error messages, it just gets hung on loading something for the scene and will stay that way until I close the render server and reopen it. Once I do that, it jumps back into the render but will again freeze up after about an hour or two. This happens on both the main machine and the 2 render slaves. The software on all 3 computers is fully up to date and running the exact same version of everything. This happens even when I'm only using the main machine with 1 render slave. But if I don't do distributed rendering then this is not a problem, nothing freezes then. This only started happening once I added a network switch to be able to get all 3 computers talking to each other. Before adding the network switch, I just had 1 render slave and the main machine hooked up together over ethernet with no freezes. I couldn't add a 2nd render slave like that though, making the network switch a necessity, but I don't see how that would cause this issue to arise.

Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing?

(I'm using the latest version of Vray and 3ds max on all 3 computers)

Hi brandon_white

Could you please try the bucket image sampler in case you use Progressive? Also, please make another test reducing the Rays per pixel and Rays bundle size values (Render settings>Pref>Utilization tab).
    Please make a few tests and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
    Martin Minev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Had same issue before. I was using GPU DR with CUDA and software kept freezing on transferring assets. I have no idea why, never found actual solution. I've managed to solve it only temporary by turning overclocking off on my CPU, but then thing came back. I've tried everything, reinstalling drivers, switching gpus, reinstalling windows, changing internet cables, changing routers, everything you can imagine. I've noticed a thing, that GPU DR doesn't freeze when all GPU's are disabled and left only on CPU. So I can only assume, that there's some issues with graphics cards I have. My main machine have 1080ti, still kicking strong, but other machine which is more like server, has 2xRTX A4000. So I can only assume, that there's is some compatibility issues with Quadro and GTX in DR. It always freezes after same amount of time. Currently I send my scene to server and render it with RTX and never had any issues.

Comment

Working...
      X