Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Mat ID

Good evening everyone.
    I'm having an issue using a combination of multitexture+matID+Blend material.

while using CPU everything works fine, on gpu it looks like the material is not applied, is black..just showing the part of blendmaterials(word).

in the example, you can see the same object instanced 4 time with 4 objects ID.
    as said, cpu looks fine, gpu there is something weird.
    Is there any lmititation using this in gpu version?

if needed, I'm attaching the sample scene as well https://www.dropbox.com/t/lV8rqXMPcD91JKP7

thanks in advance.
    Lorenzo
    Attached Files

Multi/Subobject materials are not supported when used together with VRayBlend on GPU (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-486). I did figure out a workaround, however. You can use a VRaySwitchMtl driven by a VRayUserScalar switch map. Check this setup (screencap) and the VRaySwitchMtl docs, so you understand what kind of User ID values to set.
    Attached Files
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Multi/Subobject materials are not supported when used together with VRayBlend on GPU (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-486). I did figure out a workaround, however. You can use a VRaySwitchMtl driven by a VRayUserScalar switch map. Check this setup (screencap) and the VRaySwitchMtl docs, so you understand what kind of User ID values to set.
      Thanks,
      I'll try out your solution.

Lorenzo

Comment

Working...
      X