Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time display changes from "Frames" to "FRAME:TICKS" when rendering with V-Ray GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time display changes from "Frames" to "FRAME:TICKS" when rendering with V-Ray GPU

I have a scene where V-Ray GPU seems to change the time display from "Frames" to "FRAME:TICKS". So after a render finishes, I have to go to Time Configuration to revert it back to "Frames". It doesn't happen every time. It's intermittent. Is this a known bug? Should I send the scene? Screenshot below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	vray_gpu_frameTicks_quant.png Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	1157296
    Last edited by Alex_M; 16-08-2022, 04:38 AM.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

V-Ray GPU does change the mode to ticks so that it can sample between frames (we need this for proper motion blur) but reverts it back after rendering. However for some reason sometimes 3ds Max does not update the UI even though internally the display mode is the correct one. Usually as soon as you move the time slider it flips back to showing frames as usual.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

"Good" old 3ds max... BTW, for me it didn't revert back to frames even when moving the time slider. I should have recorded a video. Maybe next time.
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Today I had to go back to an old project that was made with V-Ray GPU. When I opened the scene, the time display was set to ticks even though the job was done in frames. Scrubbing the timeline didn't fix the issue. This time I managed to record a video. See attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
          Today I had to go back to an old project that was made with V-Ray GPU. When I opened the scene, the time display was set to ticks even though the job was done in frames. Scrubbing the timeline didn't fix the issue. This time I managed to record a video. See attached.
          Hm, I just tested this and it seems to revert it to frames display correctly on my end. Is the issue reproducible in the scene from the video? If you manually revert to Frames, start the animation and scrub through the timeline. If yes, do send/attach the scene (i presume geometry is not needed, so simplify it).
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X