Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight clamping problem

Hello,
    once again i run into this but this time i thought i'd ask. How can these burnt pixels be removed from the render? In previous versions of vray, this was handled by "Clamping" in the Color Mapping panel. But for unclear reasons, this option was removed. Why? Since then, renders have occasionally shown such burnt pixels, with no option to remove them. Before anyone replies that getting rid of those burnt pixels can be achieved by increasing the Max Ray Intens - no, it can't. In the help, where it is described that there is no longer "Clampping", it is said that instead of "Clampping" you can use Max Ray Intens. But firstly, that the result is not the same at all and the burnt pixels do not disappear, and secondly that even the Max Ray Intens description says it doesn't do the same thing as "Clamping". So my question is - how can these burnt pixels be removed?

Usually, they can be resolved by reducing the Max. Ray Intensity. There are dozens of methods though, check some of them here.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X