Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereoscopic eye distance issue with image sequence, single frame is ok.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereoscopic eye distance issue with image sequence, single frame is ok.

When I render a sequence (whether active time segment, range, or frames) the eye distance changes to something odd after the first frame has rendered. I have eye distance at 65mm. First frame is ok but then the next is way of sync. It's like it two different cameras. Doesn't matter if I start rendering from frame 0, 1, 3, etc. First frame is always ok.

To avoid eye distance issue I have to render 1 frame, let it write output, then press render for next frame. Luckily I only have 6 frames as I am using Yulio with hotspots in a retail store environment. Hoping not to have to babysit rendering

Camera only has x and y keyframes for position in the store. Nothing else is keyframed.

V-Ray GPU 6 Hotfix 2, CUDA, cpu + gpu, 3ds Max 2021, using distributed rendering.

Camera settings:
    Type: spherical camera
    Override FOV 360
    Vertical FOV 180

Stereoscopic rendering:
    Left/Right, Top-bottom, Eye Distance 65mm, Focus method: shear.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the report. The issue is reproducible; I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-5967) for developer investigation. You can use this little script to help you out for now, which basically automates the single frame method:
    Code:
    fn AutoSingleFrameAnim=
    (
    startFrame = 0
    endFrame = 6
    for i = startFrame to endFrame do
    (
    slidertime = i
    max quick render
    )
    )
    try(AutoSingleFrameAnim())catch()​
    Just set the start and end frames and run.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to kick of the renders with your script. Unfortunately the error still occurs after the first frame is done rendering.

edit: if it helps.. with the script the top camera was misaligned in the 2nd render. Usually the top camera is fine and the bottom was misaligned.
      Last edited by frank_vanes; 06-10-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I'm getting identical results with the script and the manual single frame rendering of the sequence. Could you send screencaps (or a scene) of what's happening on your end?
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X