Maya GPU 99% Render Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya GPU 99% Render Hang

I have a scene where the camera is simply panning up on a static interior. On average, using my 3 A5000 GPUs, the frame time is ~2min. There are exactly 3 frames (174,175,176 out of 240) which seem to hang once the render hits 99%. The VFB log displays that the rays-per-pixel count has been changed, reports the total number of rays, and just repeats this in a loop. I let it run once for 16 hours just to test it. Starting at frame 177, it returns to normal. Nothing different is happening in the frame.

This is exactly the type of behavior everyone hates; seemingly random and hard to detect. But I would like to know what IS happening at the end of the render; what are the ray-per-pixel counts reporting? I never see any change in the image during this stage...

Thanks,

_Mike
    Last edited by mike_verta; 15-01-2023, 10:40 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting. Most probably something in the scene is causing this or could be a bug that needs a few things coupled together to manifest itself. Have you tried different settings? How are things going with the default settings?
    Keep in mind that switching to CPU no longer resets the settings since V-Ray6 so switch to Scanline for instance.
    What version of Maya and V-Ray are you using?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X