Bump Texture Changes During Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Texture Changes During Animation

When rendering with VRay GPU I sometimes get texture pops/changes/movement on some frames of my animation (see attached gif). I am running a RTX4090. The stats tab in the VFB says only 13gb of GPU memory was used, the log says it used 24.56GiB peak memory, which exceeds the total VRAM of my GPU, and the Windows task manager tells me I'm only at 17gb of dedicated GPU memory. Also, when I reduce the subdivision of my model to 1 instead of 2 the problem seems to go away, but the render log still says I'm above 24GiB for peak memory usage. My first question is what number should I be looking at to determine if I am within my GPU's VRAM limit? According to the log it's apparently able to render even when exceeding the total VRAM of my GPU. Second, is this even a RAM issue if the problem persists even when the log says I'm within my GPU VRAM limit? Also, when I switch to CPU rendering I don't have this issue at all.

Hi thanks for posting. It is unlikely that this is caused by insufficient VRAM. Windows Task Manager does not give reliable information about VRAM. For this task please install a dedicated Graphics Card monitoring software, there are plenty online even free ones.
    As for the bump flicker we might need the scene for this. How did you set up your material? Are you using VRayColor2Bump, VRayNormalBump or anything else?
    If you decide to send the scene, please try to simplify it as much as possible and use the forum or the support contact form. If you go to the support contact form, please include a link to this tread in your e-mail.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X