NVIDIA AI denoiser upscaler saves only 1/4 of the image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA AI denoiser upscaler saves only 1/4 of the image

testing this new feature - looks ok in VFB but saved output file shows just upper left 1/4 crop of the image - is it bug or the issue is on my side?
    thanks,
    F

Hello,

could you share some more details regarding this issue - what are the exact steps to reproduce it, also an exemplary scene would be very helpful, if you could send it over to philip.shounev@chaos.com.

Best,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Hello Philip, sorry for the late reply, this happens in diffirent scenes, see the attachment please - maybe the issue is on my side and I am missing something. vray version 6.1 from nightlies 20230305. This is not important feature for me, just wanted to see how it works.

cheers,
      F
      Attached Files

Comment

You have set each elemets to use denoiser.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I'm still not able to reproduce such an issue - could you share the GPU drivers version installed on your end? Also how do you set the output files - through render setup from Frame buffer rollup, manually from VFB or from 3ds Max's common tab ? It would be really helpful if you could pack a scene where this is reproducible and send it over to philip.shounev@chaos.com for debugging. Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience.
          Philip Shounev
          QA department
          Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Philip was about to pepare the file for sending, set the render output from png to jpg for testing the problem again and all was ok, when set back to png problem returned, so maybe it is related to this? Anyway sending the purged 0.5mb file where I still can see the problem with png output.
            Thanks, F
            Last edited by filip; 10-03-2023, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene and additional info. The issue seems to be reproducible when using V-Ray GPU as a renderer and when the file is saved through the common tab render output. I can also confirm that the JPEG format is an exception and the actual issue occurs with other formats such as PNG or EXRs.
              The issue in now logged in our internal bug-tracker under VMAX-13097.

Best,
              Philip
              Philip Shounev
              QA department
              Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Hello again,

The afore-mentioned issue has been fixed in latest official version.
                Philip Shounev
                QA department
                Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Philip - Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X