Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gpu core will not finish the rendering

Hello everyone

Recently I found a problem on my gpu. Whatever if I use CUDA or RTX mode, the last 6 core will not finish the rendering, so I have to force to close the app.
    I am using Rhino7 with vray. As the render starts it can deal most of the scene on the frame buffer, yet will stop at last 6 cores.

The scene will be able to render without proxy and scatters.

My hardwares are
    i9-13900 and rtx 4090

thank you very much for helping!

Hi, thanks for posting. Is the issue happening in this scene only? What happens if you render in progressive mode? Are you able to render trouble free using V-Ray CPU? What version of V-Ray are you using?
    If you are experiencing the stuck bucket only in this scene you may send it for review if you want to. Please do that here or using our support contact form.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, thank you for replying!

I am using vray 60002, the scene is attached below.

https://upload.chaos.com/receive/?th...lOm8HJhQLgXokA

So I do try the progressive mode, but the same thing happen on this particular scene.

I try to render without my tree proxy and scatters, it works, so I think it is something wrong on the proxy.

I was trying to do a night scene with light on my trees, so there are many rectangular​ light under the trees. This problems only happen when these rectangular lights and proxy trees has turned on together. Since when I work on a day scene, the render can be finished.

I also try to reduce the render output around 200px, but the bucket will also stuck.

The scene will freeze my PC in CPU mode.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have another questions

1.) Before I was rendering with laptop with a 8GB Ram Graphic, sometime if the scene is heavy, it will take upto 7GB Vram.
      However, as I bought a PC with 24GB Vram, the same scene will tooks even more ram than it does on my laptop. (about 9GB)

Does the Vram that a scene will take be different based on the devices?
      Last edited by yungle_hsiao; 13-03-2023, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X