X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any scene I open takes about 10 minute

Hi everyone,
    I'm having some issues with vray/max.
    since yesterday everytime I tried to open a project it takes about 10 minutes....it gets stuck at 82%, PC fans are running at max speed.
    Anything I could check to see if there is any setting/something that is messing up?

Hi, apologies for the late reply. Are you still having this issue? What DCC (host application) are you using? Have you tried to uninstall V-Ray and see if this will make any change to the scene opening time?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      my apologies too.
      I missed this.

I was using max 2023 and had the problem, I missed the notification and I tried on 2024 and started to work back again.
      2 week ago I had the same problem, unistalled 3ds max and installed back again.
      files opening fine.

since yesterday the problem came again, so I came to check if by a chance there was an answer...and as a matter of fact...

I just tried to uninstall vray as you mentioned, file are opening fine.
      but because I need vray, what should I do in future?

Lorenzo

Comment

Hi, are you having this issue with every scene, even a new simple scene? Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Try to install the latest official version of V-Ray. What is your hardware utilisation during the delay (CPU, Memory, hard drive)? If you have issues in a specific scene there might be something in it that is causing the problem. Please send this scene here or through the support contact form. Please include a link to this thread if you are using the contact form.

Comment

Hi Vladimir.
          more or less in all scene.
          if it's a small scene take, f.i.the small bathroom I sent in the other thread, takes 10 minutes.
          if it's bigger it doesn't load at all...get stucked at 82% - updating views.

I just unistalled max and installed back, being sure of deleting all the folder and now it's working.
          last time I did this was a couple of weeks ago...it works but slowly slowy the problem comes back, until files don't open anymore.

Using GPU version, the official release has problem with RC(tried last night) and I had to use the lastest of the nightlies.
          durung the delay, cpu goes to max, memory it's about 50% (64gb in total)

Lorenzo

Comment

The bathroom scene is using railclone and floor generator. Are you sure they are not causing the slowdown? Also any other plugins that are used in the scene and have gone missing could cause issues on scene start-up. I have just tested again the bathroom scene, opening the scene, adding VRayDirt and everything you mentioned but it all runs smooth and fast.

Comment

Hi guys
              I've been struck with the same problem discussed above. 3DS Max 2024.2/Vray 6.20.02. Scenes get stuck at opening at 82% - Updating Views. Any suggestions?

Comment

HI, try to merge it in a new empty scene. This does not sound like a V-Ray issue. Do you have this issue with every scene you try to open?

Comment

Working...
                X