Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

railclone forestpack disappers/ does not update in the camera sequence rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• railclone forestpack disappers/ does not update in the camera sequence rendering

Hello, 3dsmax 2024.1, vray 6.1, railclone lates or beta (happens in forestpack latest but less often) rendering GPU

I have an architectural scene where I am rendering more views through animated camera (garden view, backyard view, aerial view... fr00, fr01,fr02...).
    fence, railing, curbs etc... are railclone objects and they randomly disappaer when I render all the sequence. Something like the scene does not update correctly before the render starts.
    This happens as well when I skip to frame 1 or 2 etc and hit the single frame rendering. This Happens in the backburner stripped image job as well, some stripes are ok, some without railclone (all rendered on one machine no network included).
    I know this could be an itoosofts issue, I wrote there too...
    Any advice here?

Many thanks​
    Last edited by filip; 20-05-2023, 01:35 PM.

Hi, thanks for posting. It is very important to know if the issue is happening locally or only through a network rendering. Could you test this? Also could you try to collapse your rail clone object to a mesh?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      this happens locally and collapsing to mesh is possible.
      I sent you PM with the simple scene.
      Last edited by filip; 22-05-2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

itoosoft: With your help, we've been able to reproduce this behavior here too and we'll continue analyzing this issue - it'll need to be investigated more in deep by our main developers. Just let me mention, that the GPU /implementation is done entirely by the Chaos Group team and we have a little influence on their development roadmap.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the follow up. I will review your scene and get back to the thread.

Comment

Hi, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please find attached the frames that I was able to render on private message.
            It is our policy to avoid private messages as a means of communication and file sharing so please If you can open a ticket trough our support contact form if you need to share confidential files.
            We have a sharing plugin there that also has much more capacity for bigger scenes. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail.

Comment

Hi, the issue is reviewed by our developers and they have an internal build with a fix for it. The fix will be available in the stable nightly builds.

Comment

Perfect, many thanks Vladimir!

Comment

Hello,

The fix is now available in the stable nightly builds starting with build 32124 (https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...e_6.1/20230608)

Best regards,
                  Yavor
                  Yavor Rubenov
                  V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
                  X