Strange noisy bump effect in RTX render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noisy bump effect in RTX render

Good evening, rendering in RTX produces a strange bump and noise effect. In CPU this doesn't happen.
    Work on Desktop PC, AMD Ryzen 7, 32GB Ram, RTX 3080
    I attach benchmark result and driver version.
    I tried to pack the project but the zip file is 2,38 GB, the original file is 329MB, is it normal?

Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (40).png
Views:	230
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1181856

Name:	BENCH_05_25.png
Views:	221
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	1181857

Name:	prova_CPU.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1181853

Name:	prova_RTX.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	1181854
    Attached Files

could the problem be due to the fact that I have set the texture scaling to 2048px? i tried to use the cloud to export the renders without resizing the textures and the result is right.

Comment

the problem persists, as the only solution to obtain an adequate render is to use chaos cloud (and therefore spend a lot of money). If the problem with this effect is texture rezise I wonder if it's working right, shouldn't it just be decreasing texture resolution? why is this noisy effect created? if I don't use texture resize I get a warning "light cache could not allocate buffer of size 2041MB!"

Please I need a solution

Comment

Hey damiano_corradini​ can you try the Compressed Textures mode in the Performance tab? It should solve the issue with insufficient memory.
        Tanya Todorova
        QA

Comment

Hi, i work with SketchUp, so there isn't the Compressed Textures. I can use the Resize Textures, but the result is that a vary bad noise appears, like in the images i posted

Comment

Does this happen with CUDA or only RTX is affected?
            Tanya Todorova
            QA

Comment

It also happens in CUDA

Comment

Could you send the scene with assets, so we can take a look at it. Thanks!
                Tanya Todorova
                QA

Comment

the situation now is as follows: I installed the new version that includes the Compressed Texture, for some files it works fine and I have no problems, for others (like the one I am attaching) instead I get the error gpu cannot allocate buffer of size (variable number )MB.
                  If I try to render in CPU the software crashes
                  The problem is that these same scenes if I try to render them via Chaos Cloud I get the warning that the render failed.​
                  WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files and photos. Transfer up to 2GB free. File sharing made easy!

Comment

Thanks for the scene! I'll look into it and will get back to you once I have more information.
                    Tanya Todorova
                    QA

Comment

Hey damiano_corradini​ One of the scene materials Generic#4 uses displacement and this seems to cause higher VRAM usage. Can you try to increase the Displacement edge length to see if this would help? Also, how much VRAM does your gpu have?
                      Tanya Todorova
                      QA

Comment

I found that the problem was caused by the Decals, once i turned of those decals the render had no longer any issues. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X