Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport significant delay

Hi,
    Having the same problem with every scene I work on using Vantage.
    While hiding/activating layers or using control+Z to go back in the scene - the viewport gets stuck and it is not possible to work until it is released and in most cases it takes long moments.
    this is very frustrating .
    Of course, a normal rendering engine that is not GPU - it is much more tolerable.
    why is it happening ? How can this be avoided? It is very difficult to work like this.

other thing,
    What is going on with Vray Essential Elements in Vantage? We need basic layers for post-production and there hasn't been an update on the subject for a long time.
    EXR is not really a savior.
    Z DEPTH
    MTL ID
    RENDER ID
    reflection/transparency/REFRACTION
    TOTAL LIGHTING
    SHADOWS

And no less important - what happens with refraction glossines??

It's been 3 years and there's really been no progress. It's important for me to know because there are alternatives that offer all these things, but I would love to stay with Vray

Thank you !​

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using Live Link when the lag happens? Are you using 3ds Max?
    We are adding features and expanding Vantage's capabilities constantly.
    Many of the points you mention are on our schedule but if you have something that is really important to your workflow please open a separate thread about it in the Wishlist section.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey,
      Im using Live Link ,
      3ds max 2024 .
      Happens mainly when layers or objects in the scene are isolated.
      The viewport is stuck for long moments.
      Thanks​

Comment

Hi, this is in 3ds Max 2024 during Live Link. I turn layers on and off and isolate objects. No noticeable lag.
        Probably it is something related to a specific scene. Try to reinstall everything including the video driver. If that does not help I suggest to open a ticket trough the support contact form so we can investigate the scene or meat for a team viewer session.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	explorer_2023-06-02_17-54-07.gif Views:	0 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	1182564
        Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 02-06-2023, 07:57 AM.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X