on demand mip-mapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on demand mip-mapped

see attached, it doesn't really get any better over time. this is when i use on demand mip-mapped mode with GPU rendering. I do have the recommended nvidia drivers (531.41), RTX4080 cards (2) and max 2022 with latest version of vray.
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting. What host application are you using (for example is it 3ds Max)? Do you have Denoiser and if you do, please try without it. What is this background, a VRaySky or anything else? We might need to have a look at the scene. Please share it here or trough our support contact form and don't forget to paste a link to this tread in the contact form.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

no denoiser, max 2022, vray sun/sky with clouds turned on. i will prep the scene for xfer, but it's huge, so will use the support contact form.\

edit: also had vray camera resolution override on.
      Last edited by s_gru; 15-06-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Ugh. I've been playing around with the scene and have not been able to reproduce it. changed modes, tried IPR vs production render, various rendered image sizes, vray camera resolution ovrride off/on etc... the only thing i can think of now is, i was working for several hours and did a lot of IPR rendering with various things isolated etc... i wonder if the video cards became stuck somehow or had things in memory that messed it up.

using the on demand mip-mapping, i was trying to lower the memory to make sure it all fit within the cards limits.

do you think i should still send in the scene via a support ticket or should i hold off until i run into again? thanks

Comment

ok just saw it again so archived the scene and created a support ticket and incl. this thread. thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X