X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building GPU light cache stuck

Good afternoon.
    I have an issue with a scene.
    It was rendering normally. Once I had finished rendering the first shot of 450 frames, the problem appeared. The Building light cache never ends, it gets stuck, and the time left on it increases only.
    I tested the scene with the CPU, and the issue is not there. By the way, there is a fire sim in the scene too.
    I'm using the latest Vray version with Max 2023.

I've had similar issues with some scenes, especially more complex ones. The light cache would take many times longer than the actual render. Try to set your GI to Brute Force (So BF + BF) instead of BF + LC.

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Do you have the fire simulation after these 450 frames? Could you check if you video card is not running out of memory? If you render the 450 frames, close everything and then open and render the rest do you have issues? If you still have the issue after restarting 3ds Max, please restart your computer and after that open the project and render the rest of the frames to see if you have issues. Monitor your video memory during these tests. If the issue is happening in a specific scene it will be great if we could review it.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X